aka Bishop's Cap Cactus - Bishop's Hat - Bishop's Miter Cactus - Spineless - Flowering size cactus - nude cactus
- Pot Size: 1.5"
- Nice size/ established/ rooted specimen we have been growing out for a couple of years.
- You will receive exact plant pictured shipped in pot!
Astrophytum myriostigma, also known as Bishop's Cap or Star Cactus, is a cactus native to Mexico. It is a member of the Cactaceae family and is popular with collectors for its unique shape and appearance
Astrophytum myriostigma is a spineless cactus that can grow to be 8–40 inches tall and 4–8 inches wide.
It has a spherical or columnar stem that is chalk-white or silvery-gray. The cactus is usually adorned with five prominent ribs that form a star shape, giving the plant the appearance of a bishop's miter.
As the cactus matures, it develops more pronounced ribs and increase in diameter and vertical size.
- This is a relatively easy-to-grow species.
- It needs a mineral, well-drained soil with little organic matter.
- Re-pot every 2 years, using containers with good drainage.
- During spring and summer use a low nitrogen content fertilizer to make it grow faster; potassium is helpful for the plant health.
- Water sparingly from october till march, letting the soil getting dry before watering again.
- The epidermis of “Superkabuto” is stiffer than in the normal Asterias and cracks easily if the plant get overwatered. To avoid root rot, keep it dry from the beginning of autumn to the end of winter.
- It is hardy to -35°f, but during cold months almost no water is necessary if plant is no longer growing. It does well from full sun to light shade – in this case, its color will get richer and darker.
++PLEASE CHECK YOUR WEATHER FORECAST BEFORE PURCHASING++
We ship every Monday from New Orleans , Louisiana.
Please be aware, all sales are final once shipped. We are not liable for weather related shipping damages. We pride ourselves in shipping high quality live plants and do our very best to ensure your new plants arrive to you safe and secure. Unfortunately, weather is out of our control.
By purchasing live plants to be shipped to you, you are agreeing that there is an inherent risk (plants arriving damaged due to fluctuating temperatures, leaves yellowing from stress, stems breaking, etc) involved in this process.
We will cancel and refund your order minus a 20% restocking fee within 24 hours after your purchase --- if your order isn't being processed for shipping. After 24 hours we will issue store credit for the full purchase price. Otherwise, all sales are final.