PHILODENDRON DARK LORD
This is the the original form from Florida that has a sharp triangular shape and a bright red emergent leaf and fade to a nice dark maroon as they mature. This form has larger lobes and elongated leaf than the more common forms of p. dark lord
This is a well established and mature plant propagated from our mother stock.
The philodendron Dark Lord is a hybrid of the Philodendron Erubescens 'Imperial Red'. It is a large plant that can grow up to 4-5 feet tall. Its leaves are heart-shaped and can grow up to 2 feet long. The leaves are a dark, almost black color with a glossy sheen. The foliage starts out emerging pinkish color , then changes to blood red, and finally to a deep dark green top with a metallic maroon underside. The plant also produces small white flowers, but these are often hidden within the foliage. This plant also produces a blood like color when propagated. To keep a darker color use lower lighting conditions.
Grown In New Orleans, USA
You will receive exact plant pictured and shipped in 4" pot
Here are some tips for caring for a philodendron dark lord:
- Provide bright, indirect sunlight, but it can also tolerate low light conditions
- Water once the soil feels dry by placing your finger into the dirt and testing the first few inches of soil
- Provide about 60% humidity
- Provide rich and well-draining soil
- Provide a warm temperature of 65°-80°F
- Fertilize sparingly at least 6 inches away from the base, tri-annually with a slow time released product
- Feed monthly with a balanced fertilizer during the growing season
- Cut back to encourage new growth
- Grow on a trellis or moss pole to keep the aerial roots of the plant healthy
- The philodendron dark lord is a large growing philodendron that can reach 4-5' tall. The leaves on mature plants can grow 20-22” long.
++PLEASE CHECK YOUR WEATHER FORECAST BEFORE PURCHASING++
We ship every Monday from New Orleans , Louisiana.
Please be aware, all sales are final once shipped. We are not liable for weather related shipping damages. We pride ourselves in shipping high quality live plants and do our very best to ensure your new plants arrive to you safe and secure. Unfortunately, weather is out of our control.
By purchasing live plants to be shipped to you, you are agreeing that there is an inherent risk (plants arriving damaged due to fluctuating temperatures, leaves yellowing from stress, stems breaking, etc) involved in this process.
We will cancel and refund your order minus a 20% restocking fee within 24 hours after your purchase --- if your order isn't being processed for shipping. After 24 hours we will issue store credit for the full purchase price. Otherwise, all sales are final.