Philodendron domesticum variegated is a rare, climbing plant with yellow and green variegated leaves. It's a member of the Araceae family and is native to Southeast Asia. A low maintenance fast growing unusual plant
Grown by us in New Orleans and propagated from our mother plants.
Not imported. plant is healthy and rooted .
You will receive exact plant pictured , Growing and shipped in 2.5" pot.
Here are some tips for caring for a Philodendron domesticum variegated:
- Light: Thrives in bright, indirect light, but can also tolerate lower light conditions.
- Soil: Needs organic, well-draining soil. Good soil will contain lots of organic matter such as coco coir as well as perlite or vermiculite to help with drainage.
- Water: Water once a week, providing a deep soak, and keeping the soil slightly moist in between waterings. Water when the top of the soil feels dry to the touch, but don't let the plant sit in water.
- Fertilizer: Use a slow release fertilizer. During times of obvious foliage growth, fertilize with a ¼-strength diluted liquid fertilizer, or top dress the soil with worm castings.
- Pruning: Regular pruning helps maintain its shape and encourages healthy growth.
- Humidity: Keep humidity levels at 40-60%.
- Philodendron domesticum variegated is a hemi-epiphytic plant. It grows as a terrestrial plant but can also climb up trees to reach more sunlight.
- Leaves: Heart-shaped leaves with remarkable nervature
- Size: Mature plants can grow up to 22 inches long and 9 inches broad
- Light: Can handle some direct sun, but bright indirect light is best to prevent leaf burn
- Care: Relatively easy to care for
- Soil: Use potting soil that drains well and has 20% added perlite
++PLEASE CHECK YOUR WEATHER FORECAST BEFORE PURCHASING++
We ship every Monday from New Orleans , Louisiana.
Please be aware, all sales are final once shipped. We are not liable for weather related shipping damages. We pride ourselves in shipping high quality live plants and do our very best to ensure your new plants arrive to you safe and secure. Unfortunately, weather is out of our control.
By purchasing live plants to be shipped to you, you are agreeing that there is an inherent risk (plants arriving damaged due to fluctuating temperatures, leaves yellowing from stress, stems breaking, etc) involved in this process.
We will cancel and refund your order minus a 20% restocking fee within 24 hours after your purchase --- if your order isn't being processed for shipping. After 24 hours we will issue store credit for the full purchase price. Otherwise, all sales are final.