The history of the Philodendron Jose Buono is not well documented.
The plant is named after and described by Jose Buono Colon from Puerto Rico. It has been commercially produced for over 50 years. The plant's origin is unknown, but it might be because it is very old or perhaps because i it was naturally occurring. This plant is an evergreen epiphyte that is native to the tropics. It grows in tropical, rainforest-type environments and has large, paddle-shaped leaves with bright yellow veins.
This plant is known to express consistent variegation, how, ever some are very unique. We have been growing these for years and have isolated the extremely white variegated ones, some having high and unusual amounts of white sectoral variegation.
Here are some tips for caring for a Philodendron Jose Buono
- Provide bright, indirect light
- Water when the top one to two inches of the potting mix is dry, or if pot feels lighter than normal
- Use a well-draining, airy, chunky potting mix that allows for oxygen to the roots
- Provide humidity and warm temperatures
- Fertilize once a month during the growing season using a balanced fertilizer diluted by half or more
- Keep the plant away from an air conditioner , heating vent or an open window during the winter
- Avoid harsh, direct sunlight, which can burn the leaves and harm the plant
- Use a sheer curtain to filter stronger light from south-facing or west-facing windows
- Let the soil almost completely dry out before watering it if unsure about watering
++PLEASE CHECK YOUR WEATHER FORECAST BEFORE PURCHASING++
We ship every Monday from New Orleans , Louisiana.
Please be aware, all sales are final once shipped. We are not liable for weather related shipping damages. We pride ourselves in shipping high quality live plants and do our very best to ensure your new plants arrive to you safe and secure. Unfortunately, weather is out of our control.
By purchasing live plants to be shipped to you, you are agreeing that there is an inherent risk (plants arriving damaged due to fluctuating temperatures, leaves yellowing from stress, stems breaking, etc) involved in this process.
We will cancel and refund your order minus a 20% restocking fee within 24 hours after your purchase --- if your order isn't being processed for shipping. After 24 hours we will issue store credit for the full purchase price. Otherwise, all sales are final.