This listing is for growers choice Philodendron Longilobatum AKA Lelano Miyano
To make these collector plants available at a better price point we will select for you:
- A nice, healthy, rooted and established plant
- A plant that is similar in size to the example plant pictured in the listing.
- A plant with 3 to 5 leaves.
If you are seeking a larger or more variegated plant please check our individual listings.
To keep our costs down no individual photos of growers choice plants at this time.
Plants are grown by us and shipped from our nursery in New Orleans Louisiana
Plant is pictured and shipped in deep 4" pot
History and Origin
Originally described in Brazil and named after naturalist Leland Miyano. Philodendron longilobatum ‘Leylano Miyano’ is an unusual and very sought after aroid. Mature plants can have leaves nearly 3 feet long.
The Philodendron Longilobatum, also known as the Narrow Dragonfly, is a plant native to tropical and subtropical forests. It has dark green leaves that are elongated, pointed at the tip, and jagged at the edge.
Care and advice on growing
This variety of philodendron prefers moist but well-draining soil and some humidity. It should be staked or allowed to climb up moss poles. In higher humidity environments, numerous aerial roots will form.
Philodendrons tend to grow best in medium to bright indirect light. They don't enjoy the strong sun from direct light but if the light is too low this will cause the stems to elongate and become photo-amnesic, making the spaces between the leaves greater giving a leggy appearance.
Outdoors, philodendrons do well in partially shaded areas under trees. Full sunlight may cause the leaves of most species to become yellowish or develop sunburn spots. Variegated cultivars will need a little more light than non-variegated members of the same species.
Here are some tips for caring for a Philodendron longilobatum
- Provide bright, indirect light
- Water when the top one to two inches of the potting mix is dry
- Use a well-draining, airy potting mix
- Provide humidity and warm temperatures
- Fertilize once a month during the growing season using a balanced fertilizer diluted by half
- Keep the plant away from an air conditioner or an open window during the winter
- Avoid harsh, direct sunlight, which can burn the leaves and harm the plant
- Use a sheer curtain to filter stronger light from south-facing or west-facing windows
- Let the soil almost completely dry out before watering it if unsure about watering
++PLEASE CHECK YOUR WEATHER FORECAST BEFORE PURCHASING++
We ship every Monday from New Orleans , Louisiana.
Please be aware, all sales are final once shipped. We are not liable for weather related shipping damages. We pride ourselves in shipping high quality live plants and do our very best to ensure your new plants arrive to you safe and secure. Unfortunately, weather is out of our control.
By purchasing live plants to be shipped to you, you are agreeing that there is an inherent risk (plants arriving damaged due to fluctuating temperatures, leaves yellowing from stress, stems breaking, etc) involved in this process.
We will cancel and refund your order minus a 20% restocking fee within 24 hours after your purchase --- if your order isn't being processed for shipping. After 24 hours we will issue store credit for the full purchase price. Otherwise, all sales are final.