This is an exciting new Hybrid that we made earlier this year between two very special plants.
We obtained both plants from Mrs. Marie Knock and her infamous nursery Ree Gardens in south Florida.
The Ree Gardens Papillilaminum is a long and dark form of Papillilaminum with a fairly wide sinus. Our plant is a clone from her original plant.
The Ree Garden Hoffmannii is quite a mystery. This is not a true Hoffmannii species but a plant Marie obtained from John Banta who was an renowned plant collector, breeder and scientist.
Unfortunately John Banta in no longer with us so we can not obtain any more information about this plant. The Hoffmannii has a beautiful golden emergent leaf and am extremely vibrant and iridescent dark green leaf once it hardens.
This hybrid will not be available anywhere else as both plants are hard to find commercially and only available if you can make it to Ree Gardens or know someone who has 😊
You will receive exact plant pictured pictured and shipped in 2.5" pot from New Orleans Louisiana
Anthurium Growing Tips and Care
- Anthuriums thrive in bright filtered light, but we recommend avoiding direct sunlight.
- They appreciate nice humidity levels, but aren't too picky about humidity.
- These plants would do best in a semi-coarse potting mix and we recommend letting the (roughly top 2") of soil media dry on the top of the soil before watering.
- We recommend potting in a well-draining, coarse, and slightly acidic potting soil with rich in organic matter and suggest repotting this fast-growing anthurium every two to three years.
- We advise cutting off yellowing or browning leaves as they appear to keep the plant looking tidy and to discourage pests.
++PLEASE CHECK YOUR WEATHER FORECAST BEFORE PURCHASING++
We ship every Monday from New Orleans , Louisiana.
Please be aware, all sales are final once shipped. We are not liable for weather related shipping damages. We pride ourselves in shipping high quality live plants and do our very best to ensure your new plants arrive to you safe and secure. Unfortunately, weather is out of our control.
By purchasing live plants to be shipped to you, you are agreeing that there is an inherent risk (plants arriving damaged due to fluctuating temperatures, leaves yellowing from stress, stems breaking, etc) involved in this process.
We will cancel and refund your order minus a 20% restocking fee within 24 hours after your purchase --- if your order isn't being processed for shipping. After 24 hours we will issue store credit for the full purchase price. Otherwise, all sales are final.