The Philodendron Melinonii is native to Northern Brazil, French Guiana, Guyana, Suriname, and Venezuela. It was first identified in 1874. The plant is both epiphytic and terrestrial, meaning that it is found growing on limbs of trees high in the canopy of the rainforest.
Scientific Name: Philodendron melinonii Brongn. ex Regel
Common Name: Philodendron Melinonii
How to Care For a Philodendron Melinonii
Water once the top few inches of soil has become dry.
Use a well-draining soil mix that has a good amount of bark, perlite or pumice to allow healthy root growth.
Temperatures: between 60°F and 95°F
Keep the humidity above 50%.
Keep in a pot that has good drainage and airflow to the root zone.
Fertilize in the spring and summer, once a month or every waterings with 1/4 strength fertilizer.
Propagation via cuttings or pups that grow off of the mother plant.
Toxic to pets.
You will receive exact plant pictured in 4inch pot.
Growing in sphagnum moss media.
Ships in pot , from New Orleans, LA USA
Shipping plants is stressful. Some Damage can occur such as damaged leaves during the process. We pack and protect the plants to the best of our ability but accidents do happen when the plant is in transit. We do not offer refunds or exchanges due to damages that occur in transit and are out of our control.
Philodendron Melinonii Gold Mint Variegated
Caring for the Philodendron Melinonii Gold Mint Variegated is a delightful experience, suitable for both plant enthusiasts and beginners alike. Here are some essential care guidelines to help you nurture your plant:
1. Lighting: Provide your Philodendron Melinonii Gold Mint Variegated with bright, indirect light to promote vibrant variegation. Avoid placing it in direct sunlight, as it may scorch the delicate foliage. A location near a north or east-facing window is ideal.
2. Temperature and Humidity: This Philodendron thrives in average room temperatures ranging between 65-80°F (18-27°C). It appreciates moderate to high humidity levels, so consider misting the leaves regularly or placing a humidifier nearby. Avoid exposing it to drafts or extreme temperature fluctuations.
3. Watering: Allow the top inch (2.5 cm) of the soil to dry out before watering your Philodendron Melinonii Gold Mint Variegated. It prefers slightly moist soil, but be cautious not to overwater, as it can lead to root rot. Water thoroughly and ensure proper drainage to prevent waterlogging.
4. Soil and Fertilizer: Plant your Philodendron in well-draining potting soil, rich in organic matter. During the growing season (spring and summer), feed it with a balanced liquid fertilizer every two to four weeks to provide essential nutrients. Reduce or stop fertilizing during the dormant period (winter).
5. Pruning: Regularly inspect your Philodendron for any leggy or unhealthy growth. Prune back any yellow or withered leaves to maintain its vitality and appearance. You can also trim long vines to encourage bushier growth and shape the plant to your preference.
Fascinating Growing Facts:
- Variegated Beauty: The Philodendron Melinonii Gold Mint Variegated stands out with its striking foliage, showcasing a delightful blend of green, gold, and mint variegation. Each leaf is a unique masterpiece, making this plant a coveted addition to any collection.
- Climbing Tendencies: Given its natural inclination to climb, you can provide support such as a moss pole or trellis for your Philodendron Melinonii Gold Mint Variegated. Guiding its vines upward not only enhances its growth but also adds an element of visual interest.
- Air Purification: Like other Philodendron species, this variety actively purifies the air by removing toxins, promoting a healthier and more refreshing living environment. Enjoy its aesthetic appeal while it contributes to cleaner indoor air quality.
- Rare and Unique: The Philodendron Melinonii Gold Mint Variegated is a highly sought-after plant due to its limited availability and distinctive foliage. Owning this rare gem will make your collection truly exceptional and inspire
++PLEASE CHECK YOUR WEATHER FORECAST BEFORE PURCHASING++
We ship every Monday from New Orleans , Louisiana.
Please be aware, all sales are final once shipped. We are not liable for weather related shipping damages. We pride ourselves in shipping high quality live plants and do our very best to ensure your new plants arrive to you safe and secure. Unfortunately, weather is out of our control.
By purchasing live plants to be shipped to you, you are agreeing that there is an inherent risk (plants arriving damaged due to fluctuating temperatures, leaves yellowing from stress, stems breaking, etc) involved in this process.
We will cancel and refund your order minus a 20% restocking fee within 24 hours after your purchase --- if your order isn't being processed for shipping. After 24 hours we will issue store credit for the full purchase price. Otherwise, all sales are final.